¹ HP Announces 30" ZR30w S-IPS LCD Monitor that Displays 1 Billion Colours - Thoughts Media Forums Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default HP Announces 30" ZR30w S-IPS LCD Monitor that Displays 1 Billion Colours

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/e...71-4194577.html

"HP today announced its first 30-inch monitor to display a range of more than 1 billion colors, the HP ZR30w S-IPS LCD Display. Adding to the already powerful lineup of HP Performance Displays, the 30-inch diagonal display provides 30-bits per pixel color resolution and 1.07 billion displayable colors, compared to 16.7 million colors available on most 30-inch diagonal panels. Ideal for professionals in animation, game development, broadcast, design and graphic arts where accurate color is imperative, the HP ZR30w achieves more than 64 times the colors available on mainstream LCDs. With a wide gamut panel that covers 100 percent of sRGB and 99 percent of Adobe RGB, reds, blues and greens are visibly deeper."

Selling for $1299 USD, this is definitely a monitor for the professionals or hardcore prosumers who want a killer monitor. The 2560 x 1600 resolution is a 16:10 aspect ratio, which bucks the trend for monitors to be 16:9. I remain very pleased with my latest monitor purchase, a Dell Ultrasharp U2711.