Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2009, 10:34 PM
rocky_raher
Thinker
Default Unrecognized Halloween costumes

In the last two weeks I attended four Halloween dances, dressed as Mickey Mouse's "Sorcerer's Apprentice" from the movie "Fantasia." Let me describe my costume:
I have a souvenir hat from Disney World, a blue pointed hat with white stars and big black Mickey ears. I put black makeup on my forehead, cheeks, and nose to make Mickey's black-and-white face. I wore a pale orange bathrobe (Mickey wore a red robe, but I thought orange was close enough) and white gloves. As a prop, I took a small broomstick, glued a dowell rod across it and hung two plastic buckets from each end.
Although a lot of people liked the costume, and I won two prizes for it, I was surprised by how many people didn't recognize the character. I explained the story of the Sorcerer's Apprentice three or four times. Here are some of the guesses people made:
A clown in a bathrobe
A homeless man with a pointed hat
The Grim Reaper (with Mickey Mouse ears??)
Someone from the Bureau of Weights and Measures
"Wizard Man"
I understand that not everyone has seen or remembers "Fantasia," but come on now, how can someone not recognize _MICKEY MOUSE_! You'd think the big, round, black ears would be a clue.
I'd like to ask everyone, did you ever wear a Halloween costume and had people not recognize your character?