Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
MacK87
Neophyte
Default Samsung i-760 updated to 6.1, very buggy!

I love this phone, but the OS is just buggy! Hopefully you guys can help me out with some registry tweaks and what not..

- The numbers on the dial pad never light up. I would like to have it on when my LCD screen is on (unless I put it on sleep)... is this possible? This is becoming a problem when I try to make a call at night and can't see the numbers!!

- The screen never automatically goes on sleep, but it is set to go off in 2 minutes. It stays on constantly and I have to keep turning it off manually. But sometimes it will work fine.

- LAG! This phone is completely laggy. Everything I do, if I try to use AIM (with wifi activated), when i type it just takes forever to show up, freezes, etc. Does the same thing with text messaging.

- I disabled the 'show clock in every program' option, and yet, the little analog clock still displays on every program I open.

- Programs never 'close' themselves. They just get minimized (I guess), and keep running causing heavy CPU usage = more lag. Am I doing something wrong? This is the first time I had a Windows Mobile phone. I had a flip phone with Windows Mobile a LONG time ago but it was nothing like 6.0 or 6.1. The "X" should close programs but it just minimizes. Does not make sense to me.

- When I make a call, randomly I get errors (I can't remember the msg, i'll post again).. So I have to hang up, wait, and redial... pain!

- Signal is horrible. I don't remember how it was on 6.0, but man I lose signal every 10 minutes...

There's a lot more issues I'm having but I want to get these figured out first... thannnk you!