¹ Make Your Own Custom Colored Zune - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 05-18-2007, 02:19 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Make Your Own Custom Colored Zune

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/Select_Zune.aspx

A while back I mentioned that I thought it would be really great if Microsoft offered custom color options for the Zune. Given the case construction, it appeared to be something that would be relatively easy to provide. Engadget has spotted this very option over at Colorware, who makes custom cases for just about everything under the sun. Now they have added the Zune to their lineup. I’m sure it was in response to my personal desire!

I’ve already been over there playing with their customization options. Since you can set the front, back, dpad and center button with one of any 29 colors there are 707,281 different combinations you could end up with. I’d love to see one of these in person but it’s really a cool idea! You can either send in your own Zune for $74 or buy a brand new one with the customization for $325.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Man, these look AWESOME - I'm definitely going to try and get one made up...

Old 05-18-2007, 07:32 PM
jdmountford
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to jdmountford

double shot?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus

These guys do other devices too, namely Wii's, 360's, PS3's and Notebooks. A note on the Zune pricing though: $74 is for only one color. If you add other colors, the prices starts adding up a bit, but this is all shown on their little color markup tool.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

i couldnt find it on there site before my boss started yelling at me to get back to work instead of playing around online, but can you just buy the colored shells from them and swap it out yourself? if so, that would be awesome!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmountford View Post
double shot?
I doubt there's any doubleshot...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:48 PM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

There is however metallic!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Roma View Post
A note on the Zune pricing though: $74 is for only one color. If you add other colors, the prices starts adding up a bit, but this is all shown on their little color markup tool.
Yeah, you're not kidding - $134 is what it looks like it will cost for changing each colour. But still, that's amazing to have a completely customized Zune.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tucker View Post
There is however metallic!
Ohh....nice! A metallic red would KILL. That would look so HOT.

I notice you can add a custom colour for $99...

I think my big hesitation is that 30 GB isn't very big - I think I'd have to do a hard drive upgrade as well and then I'd have a $500 Zune.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
David Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I think my big hesitation is that 30 GB isn't very big - I think I'd have to do a hard drive upgrade as well and then I'd have a $500 Zune.
Yes, I love my Zune but I think I've come to realize I may only have it another year or so. If Zune 2.0 comes out sooner than later I probably will hang onto mine for a while. But if it comes out for the 2008 holidays, then I could end up upgrading then.

And I still really like the brown w/green doubleshot.