¹ Sync Groups is Killing Me - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Akuma
Pupil
Exclamation Sync Groups is Killing Me

PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP FOR SOME REASON SYNC GROUP STARTED WORKING AND KNOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF AND KNOW EVERY TIME I TAKE SOMETHING OFF MY COOLECTION IT TAKES IT OFF MY ZUNE. DOES ANY ONE KNOW A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW (ASAP) OR EMAIL ME AT mabjim@yahoo.com HURRY

OH YEAH I DONT HAVE SYNC AUTO ON I ALREADY CHECKED

Old 05-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Welcome to Zune Thoughts - but there's really no need to type in uppercase and yell at all of us.

Now on to your problems...unfortunately what you're experiencing - removing something from your Zune library and having it be removed from your Zune - is by design. That's the way the software is supposed to work - the Zune team's thinking is that when you remove something from your library, it means you don't want it any more...and so why would you want it on your Zune? I agree with them, but you're definitely not the first person to mention this as a problem.

So, exactly what's the scenario here where you're removing content from your Zune library or your whole PC, yet wanting to keep it permanently on your Zune?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Akuma
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Welcome to Zune Thoughts - but there's really no need to type in uppercase and yell at all of us.

Now on to your problems...unfortunately what you're experiencing - removing something from your Zune library and having it be removed from your Zune - is by design. That's the way the software is supposed to work - the Zune team's thinking is that when you remove something from your library, it means you don't want it any more...and so why would you want it on your Zune? I agree with them, but you're definitely not the first person to mention this as a problem.

So, exactly what's the scenario here where you're removing content from your Zune library or your whole PC, yet wanting to keep it permanently on your Zune?
sorry but i wasn't yelling at anyone i just wanted people to notice this problem i have

well the scenario is that every time i delete something form my library it automatically deletes it from my zune (automatically updates information as well) but i don't want this to happened, actually it never happened before it just started doing this about two week ago. is the problem the zune or is it the new 2.5 program that came out in march

Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
well the scenario is that every time i delete something form my library it automatically deletes it from my zune (automatically updates information as well) but i don't want this to happened, actually it never happened before it just started doing this about two week ago. is the problem the zune or is it the new 2.5 program that came out in march
Right. I understand that - and what I'm saying to you is that the Zune team created the product to work this way on purpose.

So what I'm asking you is this: why are you deleting something from your library? Are you deleting big video files that you don't have enough space to keep on your computer, but you want to keep them on your Zune? Please give me specifics so I can talk to the Zune team about this problem. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
onlydarksets
Oracle

If you want to keep the files on your Zune, do the following:
  1. Connect the Zune
  2. Remove the partnership
  3. Disconnect and reconnect the Zune
  4. Choose "Guest" mode
  5. Copy your files over
  6. Reconnect and establish a partnership
The Zune software won't touch anything that was already on your Zune.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Akuma
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Right. I understand that - and what I'm saying to you is that the Zune team created the product to work this way on purpose.

So what I'm asking you is this: why are you deleting something from your library? Are you deleting big video files that you don't have enough space to keep on your computer, but you want to keep them on your Zune? Please give me specifics so I can talk to the Zune team about this problem. Thanks!
The reason why i delete my music from my collection is because once its in my zune i have no need form them to be their any more and also to keep my computer from running slow LOL also the album info isn't always accurate most of the times and i hate it when it changes it on my zune because then i cant find any thing on it. I say this because my genres are only Hip Hop and Metal what ever the music might but if their all different i can't find anything.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Akuma
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
If you want to keep the files on your Zune, do the following:
  1. Connect the Zune
  2. Remove the partnership
  3. Disconnect and reconnect the Zune
  4. Choose "Guest" mode
  5. Copy your files over
  6. Reconnect and establish a partnership
The Zune software won't touch anything that was already on your Zune.
Thanx man i am really great full for this i was starting to get mad at the program

Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 AM
onlydarksets
Oracle

No problem - glad it worked!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
killashandra
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
No problem - glad it worked!
Sorry to be a dummy, but how exactly do you remove the partnership? I've been searching all over, but can't exactly see how to do this without moving over to my laptop, establishing a connection there, and then moving back here.

(I too hate to have video files and music files cluttering up my already crowded computer and generally move them straight to CD after they've been converted.)

Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
The reason why i delete my music from my collection is because once its in my zune i have no need form them to be their any more and also to keep my computer from running slow
Thanks for explaining why you do it - that helps me understand why you're running into problems. I've communicated this issue to the Zune team, so no promises, but I'll try to ensure they understand why/how people such as yourself get into this situation.

For what it's worth though, I think if you were to spend some time cleaning up your music collection you'd find that having it in sync with the Zune is actually a really nice feature.