Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Accessories

Old 02-14-2009, 06:17 AM
stlbud
Intellectual
Default Griffin Clear Case for Zune 80/120

First off, I've admired Griffin products since I bought their Total Remote for my Pocket PC. http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/f352...rol-36611.html I felt comfortable buying other Griffin products and was sure I was going to get good quality for a good price when I bought their iClear case for my Zune 120. http://www.griffintechnology.com/

Actually, I'm disappointed. I've seen product packaging that was made better than this. You know, the box that new gadget comes in? They're made better than this thing.

First of all, it's feels like styrene, like from a plastic model, not a high quality acrylic/polycarbonate. Second there was a small amount of flash on the edges. They were not polished smooth. Waves in the front piece are clearly visible but do not appear to distort the image of the Zune. The front and back shell snap securely together but are very difficult to get back apart for cleaning. After just 3 disassemblies, the front of mine has developed a crack along one side. Openings in the top and bottom give easy access to the Zune dock connector and headphone jack. Another hole on top gives access to the lock switch but there isn't much clearance and it may be difficult for nail biters to operate the switch without some sort of tool. Access to the touch pad and buttons on the front are good. The front hole for the touchpad and buttons is nicely polished but the holes at the top and bottom are not leaving mold flash and sharp edges.

Would I buy another? Maybe if they were half off.

Zune Tag - therealstlbud