¹ wireless sync with zune 120 gen 2 - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 AM
grantpet
Pupil
Default wireless sync with zune 120 gen 2

has anyone else had issue with their device returning an incoreect password for every network access attempt?

i found zero useful information on the zune tech site and phone support....well, let's just say it was quite a few wasted hours just making sure the non native english speaking rep could spell St. Louis; none of them could tell me if the device would operate on an open & shared key setting or just shared key.

same error for hotspots with no password.

removed all protection from my router and completely reset the network, router and device....no change.

after embarrassing the 3rd rep in a row with zero practical wireless network experience they decided the device is defective and are sending a different unit.

if anyone has suggestions that would be great.

thank you in advance.

OMG!! ok folks, brace yourself for this one....

zune returned to me a new device, it had the exact same issue. recalled telephone support, they had no solution other than to return the device again! i went digging through the zune user's guide and found a page had been updated since my last visit just prior to mailing in my original device. those of you using a router with wep key encryption AND have the default wep key set to any number other than 1, your device will not sync.

it was no issue to change my default key to 1 (although i don't like it), now i have to get everyone in north america to change their hotspot router default key to 1...so far ALL 6 hotspots i have been at have not worked and i think this is why.

also, be aware that the passphrase isn't the passphrase to retrieve the wep key, it IS the wep key!!

this is zune highest level of customer support we are talking about here folks!

Last edited by grantpet; 02-20-2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: spelling