Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Official HTC Touch Diamond ROM with 850 GSM Band Support Released

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/...support-releas/

"...HTC's made it possible to have your cake and eat it too with a new firmware update posted to its Asian site that proclaims the addition of GSM 850 support among several other changes and fixes -- some ten in total. After working through some confusion over the appearance (or lack thereof) of 850 in the band selection screen after updating, it looks like this does actually work for a variety of Touch Diamonds floating around out there, so let us know how you fare if you decide to give it a shot."

If you're a Touch Diamond owner living in North America, take note: this ROM update will enable the 850 GSM band in your phone, allowing you to gain greater coverage. This update does not add the missing North American 3G band, however, so you'll still be stuck to rocking on EDGE. Right now the update is only officially available from HTC Asia, but it should be making it's way to HTC USA and HTC Europe's sites fairly soon. I tried my HTC user login on the HTC Asia site, but it didn't work.