Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Celebrate the Canadian Launch of the Zune: Win a Customized Zune 4

Today is June 13th, and that's the official day the Zune launches in Canada. So it's contest time! The fine folks on Microsoft Canada's Zune team sent me a black Zune 4 with one of the new Zune Originals designs on the back (pictured below) - a Meomi design called "Percussion". Meomi is the talented duo of Vicki Wong (based out of Vancouver) and Michael Murphy (based out of Los Angeles). OK, so that's half Canadian. No matter, the artwork rocks!

So how can you win this Zune? First off, because this contest is to celebrate the launch of the Zune in Canada, I'm going to limit this contest to Canadians living in Canada (none of that "I'm living abroad" or "I was born in Canada" stuff). I'm not going to check passports, but the shipping address must be a Canadian address. Yeah, I don't normally limit contests, but as the Zune launches in new markets I'm going to try my best to get a Zune from the respective Microsoft team in that local market and we'll repeat this process for the residents of that country.

The rules are simple: post a message to this discussion thread telling me a song you like by a Canadian artist (look at me honouring CANCON!). It can be any song, any genre, but it must be by a Canadian artist (or an artist generally acknowledged to be Canadian even if they live outside Canada today). One post per person allowed, and the winner will be picked randomly from all the entries. If it's your first post to our forums, it might not appear right away - please allow 24 hours for your post to appear. The contest will run for seven days, ending on June the 20th at 10 AM (GMT -7).