¹ Patent Shows Possible Zune Phone Tiled Interface - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Patent Shows Possible Zune Phone Tiled Interface

http://www.mad4mobilephones.com/news/803/

"A newly published patent application assigned to Microsoft provides a unique insight into what the Zune Phone interface might look like. The patent, filed on June 16th 2006 and published on 12th April 1007 (sic), covers Tile Space User Interface for Mobile devices and discusses how small screens and a large number of features make it "difficult for users to access commonly used data and functions" on many mobile phones."

As a user of Windows Mobile phones, I have to admit that an interface such as the one pictured above (which incidentally ought to be taken with a grain of salt) seems a little too simplistic for my liking. But for the millions of average consumers out there, it is quite possibly attractive and functional. Your thoughts? What would you like to see incorporated in the future Zune Phone interface?