¹ Want eBooks? Will JPEG-Books Be OK? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Content Creation & Management

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Want eBooks? Will JPEG-Books Be OK?

http://www.wiredzune.com/2007/03/ebook-nah-but-jpegbook/

"JPEGBook is a third party program which will automatically convert your text into a JPEG file suitable within the Zune dimensions. Now that’s called original! I’m not too sure on what to do with books that seem a bit too long, but I’m sure that if you can cope with reading hundreds of JPEGs, such quantities won’t be a problem. Also, some flair or excitement could be added to the whole deal, but I’m sure that such a program will continue to develop further."

Hmmm, interesting, though I can't imagine scrolling through a 300-page (I mean 300-JPEG) book using this.  It is, however, quite imaginitive, and for someone who just can't get enough ebooks, this may be just the thing.  Though I would venture that anyone that into ebooks probably already has a full-functioned ebook reader (like a Pocket PC).  Any ebook fans here want to give it a spin?  You can download it here (it's about 1/4 down the Japanese-only page).