Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-19-2005, 03:14 PM
terrypin
Thinker
Default Connecting PPC to TV?

I sometimes connect a digicam to a TV (via SCART) to show photos conveniently. How can I do the same with my PPC please? IOW, to show images from JPGs, or movies from MPG or WMV?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
GSmith
Thinker

Axim x350v has a cable you can buy to get video out of the device. Most other devices do not have a simple cable. You'd have to get a "presentation"-type device like http://www.iodata.com/usa/products/p...;pId=CFXGA%2FU

Not sure where to get it or how much nor if it will work with your iPAQ 2215.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
terrypin
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSmith
Axim x350v has a cable you can buy to get video out of the device. Most other devices do not have a simple cable. You'd have to get a "presentation"-type device like http://www.iodata.com/usa/products/p...;pId=CFXGA%2FU

Not sure where to get it or how much nor if it will work with your iPAQ 2215.
Thanks, but apparently "currently available to residents living in the United States. We are in the process of developing our Online Store for the greater European and UK markets."

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Old 09-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

An article of mine discussing the output of an X50v on to a TV was recently published. You can read more about it here.

As for getting your h2215 on a TV, you will need a VGA-out accessory such as the Margi Presenter-to-Go.

Really though, for a true VGA-out solution, you can't go past the Dell Axim X50v. With third-party software, you can even push the output past 640 x 480 to 1280 x 1024. I plan on writing an article on that when I have the time.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
terrypin
Thinker

Thanks Darius. I was hoping that it would be a relatively simple matter, little more than connecting the appropriate cable (as with a digicam).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Old 09-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Unfortunately, it's only with the x50v and the e750/e800+ Presentation Pack that you only need a cable. Otherwise, you need a CF (or, with other Dell devices except the x5 + the hx4700 + some Acer devices, a SD) output card or the Mobility Electronics Pitch Duo Presentation Device. They are prefectly OK for slowish slideshows but not for hi-res video playing on VGA monitors connectec to the PDA. For the latter, your only choice is the x50v/x51v.

You may also want to read the following threads on the subject:

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=16946 (Presenter-to-Go SD for Select Pocket PC Devices discussion)

http://www.firstloox.org//forums/showthread.php?t=3124 (CF & Mobility Electronics Pitch Duo Presentation Device)

Old 09-23-2005, 11:23 AM
terrypin
Thinker

Thanks for that comprehensive and helpful reply.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK