Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 AM
StoffeT
Neophyte
Default Online poker with java clients? Please read!

Hello there,
I'm plaing to buy a HP 4700 with WLAN so know i wonder how good internet browser it exist to Pocket PC?

http://www.betsson.com/en/poker/ have a javaclient u can play with, do u guys think that can work in pocket pc 2003? Would be perfect if someone can try this, or tell me how good java application like that works!

// StoffeT

Old 09-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default Re: Online poker with java clients? Please read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoffeT
Hello there,
I'm plaing to buy a HP 4700 with WLAN so know i wonder how good internet browser it exist to Pocket PC?

http://www.betsson.com/en/poker/ have a javaclient u can play with, do u guys think that can work in pocket pc 2003? Would be perfect if someone can try this, or tell me how good java application like that works!

// StoffeT
Unfortunately, it seems it's pretty futile to try to make it work on the Pocket PC.

First, as the applet has a width of 681 and a height of 455 pixels, you'll need a VGA device to run it without major problems (scrolling if you will be offered the choice of scrolling at all). I've also checked the JAR file it's based on JDK 1.4, which is not supported by PIE plug-ins like CrEme or the old Jeode. Unfortunately, as Thunderhawk, the only one JDK1.5-compliant browser downsamples everything to QVGA resolution, it's highly unlikely you'll able to make this app work under Thunderhawk either so that all that the fine text/chat/server messages remain readable.

This all means you may want to ask the authors of the applet to make a PDA/mobile phone-optimized version.

You may also want to read this thread for a more technical description of the above-mentioned problems.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:16 AM
davidthoughts
Neophyte

JDK 1.4 is a thing of past now