¹ Bill Gates at CES on the Zune - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Bill Gates at CES on the Zune

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/takahashi/2007/01/18/ces-interview-with-bill-gates-part-2-transcript/

"Dean Takahashi: There wasn’t much mention of Zune today. We keep expecting the next Zune device like the 60-gigabyte version or something else.

Bill Gates: Zune deserves an event of its own. We clearly don’t have any new model. We just introduced the product three months ago. It’s doing well. We knew what we wanted. Just like the first-generation Xbox, we wanted to get on the learning curve. We wanted to get credibility. We wanted to have a reputation of doing something innovative and something that we could upgrade over time because of the large screen and the WiFi. We feel great about Zune. Sometime this year, maybe twice, we’ll have more Zune events where we talk about concrete things. It wouldn’t have made any sense to a talk about it here for a lot of reasons."

This CES interview with Bill Gates covers a myriad of topics, and there are a few Q&A's about the Zune. Gates says Microsoft is still on target to sell 1 million unit by the end of Microsoft's 2005/2006 fiscal year, but they have to sell a lot of units. Does the Zune have the momentum to make it? Perhaps - I think they'll get a boost if they manage to unleash a cool WiFi feature or two!