¹ Resuming... what does it play? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2006, 09:33 PM
SayanOri
Neophyte
Default Resuming... what does it play?

After reading a lot about the fabulous Microsoft Zune player, I have yet to ask all of you (as noob-ish as this may sound) what does the Zune play?

Am I limited to listening to songs that I bought over Microsoft's Marketplace(s) and/or iTunes or can I also use the MP3 songs downloaded from the internet from let's say free offers or ripped from CDs?

The tracks I, for instance, ripped from my Linkin Park Reanimation album, have no metadata since I ripped that with some fuzzy freeware program. Can I still upload that to my Zune and listen to it?

What about my own MP3 recordings? I have a small home studio, can I listen to those songs?

Basically, is there any difference from the iPod to the Zune when it comes to playing files? Because that DRM and whatnot discussion is really confusing. What formats are supported??

That's for the music, for the video I have pretty much the same questions. What formats are supported? Can I put my DVD-Rips which I flawlessly view on my PSP on my Zune too?

That's basically it.

Guidance and answers are very well appreciated.

Greetz,
SayanOri