Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default My Preciousssss....Canon GL2 MiniDV Digital Camcorder

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...HQ/jasondunn-20

The holiday season was so hectic for me that I never got in on any of those fun threads about what people got for Christmas (I may just jump back into them), but I did want to share something I picked up for myself at Christmas time: a Canon GL2.

What a camera! It was one of the units I tested for the Faster Smarter Digital Video book. Canon Canada was kind enough to pull a new one off the shelf for me to test, and although I found some great cameras among the nine I tested, after using the GL2 I simply couldn't buy anything less. The GL2 was heads above the rest in quality (and price!) so I knew it was the camera for me. The three-CCD image quality is phenomenal, but there's some fancy Canon engineering in there as well - the 3CCD Panasonic camera I tested had feeble colour quality compared to the Canon GL2. You'll hear a lot more about this amazing camera when we launch Digital Media Thoughts.

If you've got the coin to spend, and want an amazing DV camera, the Canon GL2 is a great choice! (affiliate link) And if the Amazon price isn't to your liking, search for the lowest price. If you're looking for something less expensive, I was really impressed by the Canon ZR50 - great colour quality and nice ergonomics.