Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2002, 05:01 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Australian Olympians go wireless in anthrax scare

http://au.computers.yahoo.com/computers/20020208/zdnnews/1013119200-3557457974.html

Chris Till sent in this link about Australian Winter Olympians using iPAQs to get email. I'm showing my cultural ignorance here, but I was a little surprised there WERE Australian Winter Olympians. How on earth do they train? I have some snow up here that I'm willing to ship for a nominal fee... ;-)

"Australian Winter Olympians have been provided with secure wireless-equipped handheld PCs after being banned from opening snail mail because of the on-going anthrax threat in the United States. The Compaq iPAQ Pocket PCs are equipped with a secure wireless location-based system developed by the appropriately named Melbourne company, Icewrx.

The solution will provide a safe alternative to mail and allow athletes to send and receive email, view both video footage of news from home and streaming video of the main Olympic events, as well as to chat with other team members, check scheduling, team statistics, scores and weather forecasts, receive bulletins and alerts, and even keep track of dietary requirements."