¹ Could Dysfunctional In-Store Displays Be Hurting Zune Sales? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Could Dysfunctional In-Store Displays Be Hurting Zune Sales?

YouTube is an interesting place - some of the comments posted to our videos are questions from people looking for help, some are poorly written nonsense, and a few are insightful and allow me to learn something new about the product I'm covering. One such comment was posted by a user named nilbog on my part one of my Zune v2 Walkthrough video:

"This is an excelent video. You are the only one whose posted a movie showing the video capabilities of the 4g and 8g zunes. I currently have a 30g and have many movies on it, and needed desperatly to know how video looked on the smaller versions. All the displays at the stores don't work since they need to be synced to a computer and haven't yet so all they have is a stupid message saying please connect to computer or something like that. Looks like I'll be getting the 80g zune. Thanks."

I had assumed that Zunes on display in the store had been synced with a desktop PC to "unlock" them, but it would seen that's not the case. It's really bizarre that the Zune has to go through this process to begin with - but if they're in this mode at store demo stations, it sure doesn't shine a favourable light on the Zune. Since I'm up in Canada where there are no Zunes quite yet (soon!), I can't verify how wide-spread this is. For those of you that have seen Zune demo units in retail stores, have you seen the same problem?