¹ Zune 2.x Installation Problems - Where's The Fix? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 04:06 PM
robshobs
Ponderer
Default Zune 2.x Installation Problems - Where's The Fix?

I have been trying to upgrade my desktop Zune software since it was released and all I've had is problems. And as usual, there appears to be no fix in sight from Microsoft. I'm also very surprised that ZuneThoughts has not had any posts about the problem as it is fairly wide spread.

Running the setup leads to one of many failure messages all with a link to a Microsoft support page. Of course, this is where the new software come from that is causing the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944938

In reading various forums, suggestions have been to disable Windows Firewall, enable Windows Firewall, turn off System Restore, remove various registry settings, remove various applications and so on. I've tried them all and still no help.

And of course calling Zune support does no good because they walk you though all the same stupid steps and then finally tell you they can't find a resolution and to wait for a new fix.

Wait for a new fix?!?!?! Now I cannot access Zune to renew my subscription and so my music is locked! This is crazy!

Anybody have similar problems? Anybody find a fix? The only one I've heard so far is to format your PC and start from scratch. I wouldn't call that a fix.

Rob