¹ Zune Accessories Announced - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune Accessories Announced

http://www.zuneinsider.com/archive/2007/10/30/announcing-zune-accessories.aspx

Cesar over at Zune Insider posted an announcement about Zune accessories a couple of days ago. First up, the companies that are involved in making Zune accessories look pretty similar to the list from last year: Agent 18, Altec Lansing Technologies Inc., Belkin International Inc., Case-mate, Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO), Directed Electronics Inc. (Polk Audio), Digital Products International Inc., Dual Electronics Corp., GPX, Griffin Technology Inc., Golla, iHome, Incipio Technologies, Integrated Mobile Electronics Corp., JBL/Harman Kardon, Kicker, mStation Corp., Memorex Electronics, Monster Cable Products Inc., Skinit, Speck, Targus Group International Inc., VAF Research and Vaja Corp.

Some of the accessories that will be released include speaker docks from Altec Lansing, iHome, and Kicker; cases from Belkin, Case-mate, DLO, Incipio and Speck; cables, FM transmitters and car kits from Belkin, DLO, Monster and Kicker. We've seen (and reviewed) the first generation Altec Lansing, but I notice that Klipsch isn't on that list. Klipsch was supposed to have a Zune speaker dock coming out last year when the Zune was announced, but it kept getting delayed - and they eventually cancelled it. I wonder why? Klipsch makes great speakers, so it would have been nice to see them release a Zune dock that sounded great (I didn't like the sound on the Altec Langsing dock that much).

Are there any Zune accessories you'd really like to see that haven't been released yet? The iPod world has shown us there's an amazing amount of creativity out there for accessories, even if sometimes they get a bit ridiculous...