Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default StuffBak - Gadget Loss Protection and Recovery System

http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=1501

I just noticed an interesting new product for sale on our Smartphone.net affiliate store. Basically, it's a set of labels that you can affix to your gadget. Each label would have an identifying number and a toll free phone number to call. For each gadget that is returned, a $20 fee is paid to the person who located and returned it, and the gadgets owner can choose to add to that fee - if desired. The thing is, I'm not overly confident that this system would work. They claim a 75% return rate, but why return the device for just $20 when you could ebay it for a lot more?? There are 2 different versions available, small and large, and they are priced at $15.90 and $25.90 respectively. Below is a short quote on how and what StuffBak is. Give it a read and let me know what you think.

User submitted image

"StuffBak is a loss protection and recovery service used by consumers and businesses to protect their valuable mobile devices (cameras, laptops, PDAs, cell phones, etc.). StuffBak labels provide a method of confidential identification along with a recovery service that makes it easy (toll free number and/or website) and rewarding ($20 StuffBak product reward plus optional owner cash reward) for finders to return items. StuffBak labels and tags are designed for even the smallest portable devices and include free registration and free returns for two years. StuffBak immediately notifies the owner when their lost item is found and coordinates the recovery process between finder and owner. Confidentiality is maintained for both parties while the item is efficiently reunited with the owner. StuffBak's service has a proven 75% recovery rate."