Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
Good luck and I look forward to some good discussions over on the new forum boards!
You're one of the people I was hoping would get heavily involved with posting on Apple Thoughts.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignar View Post
Wow, didn't see this coming. Congrats and good luck.
I think a lot of people are going to be saying that actually. Surprises are fun though!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:08 PM
emuelle1
Thinker

Jason, thank you for the foresight to create "one login to rule them all". I went over to your new AppleThoughts site, and sure enough, my years old Pocket PC Thoughts account is perfectly valid. I have an iPod Touch and I'll do what I can to contribute.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuelle1 View Post
Jason, thank you for the foresight to create "one login to rule them all". I went over to your new AppleThoughts site, and sure enough, my years old Pocket PC Thoughts account is perfectly valid. I have an iPod Touch and I'll do what I can to contribute.
You're quite welcome. I get the cold sweats when I think about how long and painful the process was to migrate everything over to a single login, but I knew it was the right thing to do. Nice to see it benefiting you.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Cold Flame
Ponderer
Default Congrats...

Hey Jason,

I just wanted to compliment you on this decision. Like you mentioned, whether you like Apple or not, you can't ignore just what an impact they have made on the electronics industry as a whole.

I know that I intend to buy a Mac for my next machine, and I hope to get an iPod Touch (32GB) for Christmas, but I don't think I'll ever fully switch just due to playing video games, etc...

At the moment my step-son has an iPod Nano (last gen) and will likely be getting a Shuffle for Christmas coupled with another product the wife and I found. At any rate, in addition to that we're looking at getting him (us? =)) a Mac Mini as they use both Mac's and PC's at school and it will be nice to have one of each around.

At any rate, like I said, congrats. It's nice to see you making the effort to support the other end of the spectrum. I'm sure it will be a move you won't regret and the new community will grow and thrive very quickly... =)

Last edited by Cold Flame; 11-04-2008 at 06:36 PM..

Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
jgrnt1
Theorist

I'm adding it to my Favorites list. Interesting, but timely addition. A few months ago, I went to the Dark Side and bought a 16GB iPhone 3G. I still miss some of the things my WM phone did and the iPhone doesn't, but it is still an amazing device. Since I picked up the iPhone, I've been coming back to PPC Thoughts simply to keep up with the tech and also out of a bit of loyalty -- I think I've been a member for over 6 years now.

I won't ever own a Mac. I build my own PCs and love tweaking them. If Apple ever opens up and lets people build clones, I'd probably build one, just to try it out, but I won't buy a closed system.

Last edited by jgrnt1; 11-04-2008 at 07:31 PM..

Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
rzanology
Sage

jason????

:: heart breaking in 4 ::

????

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

Wow - this is fantastic. I'll certainly try to participate in the new site. The others are right - certainly didn't see this coming but I have absolutely no doubt that this will be a fantastic addition to the Thoughts Media family.

Now, don't surprise us with a Blackberry Thoughts site or something! (And I say this only because I just bought my 1st Blackberry - a Curve, and I'm loving it).

Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
petvas
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas Send a message via Skype™ to petvas

I just added the site to my favorites! Thank you for this site. I was a fan of PocketPCThoughts for many years but then came the iPhone and changed everything for me...Now I am 100% Mac and I don't think I am going back...

Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

A Mac site? You? Miracles do happen!