Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Events

Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
ebarron
Neophyte

I am currently running the Verizon HTC Touch Pro. The Imagio's larger screen will come in handy for running CoPilot 7. The Wide screen will format will also be better to watch 16x9 content from my Slingbox.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM
tddisc
Pupil

I've got a Nokia E63 on AT&T. How would the HTC Imagio be better than my E63? I can't think of a way it wouldn't be better. And it would let me experience Windows Mobile, plain and simple.

TD

Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
mcohn
Neophyte

I've had the (original) HTC Tilt for three years now prior to that I had the 8925, so I am quite familiar and have always loved HTC products. My trusty phone is beginning to show its age in many ways and my contract with ATT has expired so I am actively in the market for a new phone and possibly a new carrier. Given what I have now, almost any newer vintage phone would be a great improvement. I don't want to jump ship and go to an iPhone and Android based phones don't sync with Outlook which is essential for me.

Much as I'd like to wait for a Windows Phone 7 model, I just don't think my Tilt is going to make it that long. It was a great phone but has taken a lot of abuse from me I'm beginning to have problems with it which flashing the ROM won't help.

I've read all the specs on the Imagio and it would be perfect for me (plus if I won one, then I'd still have the cash to buy a Windows Phone 7 HTC come Holiday season!)

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
mmarsh665
Neophyte

Hi Jason,
I am currently using a Motorola Razr v3m, and my carrier is Verizon Wireless.

The HTC Imagio is superior to this phone in almost every way.
Although the razr v3 series is still the most popular phone in the world, it is almost obsolete. Ive had this since 2007 and its slowly dying. I'm pretty sure the Imagio doesn't randomly go through a bootloop for the first minute of startup. I have to basically jump start it with a charger. Windows Mobile is obviously better than what the razr runs, not to mention how old my razr is and how outdated its technology is. In every perspective the Imagio is superior to my phone.

I have played with the Windows Phone 6.5 OS because of people I know who have it, they also think its hilarious that I still have an old razr but I really can't afford buying a new phone.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
johnny2678
Neophyte

I'm still running the Samsung Omnia i910 as well. Lately with all the new smartphones coming out I feel like the only person left who's running a non-WVGA device, which the Imagio has. Even though most new phones are going with a snapdragon (or equivalent) processor, the Imagio still has some staying power as a multimedia device... just throw on one of NRGs custom ROMS and it should be good to go for another year or two!!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:56 PM
burtcom
Intellectual
Default Kaiser...

I'm still using an HTC Kaiser a.k.a. Tilt -- so this Imagio could be better in just about every conceivable way

Last edited by burtcom; 06-29-2010 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-29-2010, 12:17 AM
zoinks256
Neophyte
Default OLD School!

I am REALLY old school. My HP 210 does not even have phone capabilities! I have used the Bluetooth link to have my plain old ordinary phone dial a number from my Windows Mobile device. So, finally getting Phone combined with my Windows Mobile will be a cool step up!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:50 AM
jhartsel
Neophyte

I'm currently using a Motorola Q9C on Verizon. It's old and slow, but I happen to be one of the view that is perfectly happy with a Windows smartphone. The Imagio would be a great upgrade.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Histvdor2010
Neophyte

I have an old HTC Touch from Verizon. The Imagio would be a great improvement to what I already have. It's much faster and I would love to win one.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:43 AM
linarticulate
Neophyte

I'm currently using a Venus by LG,
because my previous phone had been stolen, you see.
The Droid Eris is the phone that I used to use,
until it was stolen, at the gym with my shoes.

I'm now using the girliest phone on the planet,
loaned to me by my annoying little sister named Janet.
I fear using this phone lest somebody see
this little pink device -- and laugh hysterically at me.

If only I could win that slick Imagio
I could throw out the Venus and no one would know.
Because any phone would be better to me
than to keep using this Venus made by LG.