Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-03-2003, 05:58 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeli
None of these companies seems to ship to Canada - and if they do - their shipping and handling charges are way to high!
Yeah, it's pretty harsh getting hardware up here to Canada - quite often I get a friend in the US to buy it and ship it to me. Time to make friends with someone in the US! ;-)

Old 02-03-2003, 06:29 AM
bdeli
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
None of these companies seems to ship to Canada - and if they do - their shipping and handling charges are way to high!
Yeah, it's pretty harsh getting hardware up here to Canada - quite often I get a friend in the US to buy it and ship it to me. Time to make friends with someone in the US! ;-)
That is what I normally do Jason...but it is always a hassle since my friends will have to do the purchase since most of these companies require the credit card to be issued in US.

Old 02-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Time to set up a network of American friends I think. :wink:

Old 02-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
That is what I normally do Jason...but it is always a hassle since my friends will have to do the purchase since most of these companies require the credit card to be issued in US.
One of my Canadian friends has a credit card based on US$ that he uses while travelling in the US... Not sure how he set that up, though.

Couldn't you use your credit card and send it to your friend saying it's a "gift"?

Old 02-04-2003, 05:55 AM
PetiteFlower
Magi

The credit card has to have a US billing address, otherwise the sites can't verify the card. International credit card verification is a lot more expensive to get so most smaller retailers don't bother with it since they don't have enough volume to make it pay off.

Old 02-04-2003, 05:59 AM
bdeli
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati42
Quote:
One of my Canadian friends has a credit card based on US$ that he uses while travelling in the US... Not sure how he set that up, though.

Couldn't you use your credit card and send it to your friend saying it's a "gift"?
kati - No US address - no credit card. Now they do not even open bank accounts...cause of security reasons.

Old 02-04-2003, 06:13 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Yeah, it's pretty harsh getting hardware up here to Canada
Wow I had no idea that you guys had that problem. I'll think about that the next time I gripe when it takes a couple of weeks and some extra cash to ship somthing up to Alaska.

Old 02-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Yup - remember us all as you enjoy you cheep, cheep hardware. :?

Old 02-07-2003, 05:09 AM
Bill Best
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to Bill Best
Default Ordered some extra 256mb SD cards for Toronto Pocket PC thought members...

I ordered 2 - 256mb SD cards from the states for my 5450, but I also got 4 extra cards for those Canadian members that were posting on here saying they wouldn't ship to Canada.

If you want one just e-mail me. I would prefer to deal with people that are local, but I might be willing to ship to someone elsewhere in Canada depending on the situation.

BTW, I don't find the SD cards to be slow like some people are saying. I guess I was expecting a big slowdown based on some message postings.

I'm really loving the extra storage! Time to start transferring some MPEGs and MP3 files!

Bill.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Reza
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Reza

Quote:
You should check http://www.resellerratings.com before buying anything from neutron....
Well, FYI I ordered from Neutron and received my 256MB SD in time, safely bubble-wrapped and packed. No complaints whatsoever.

Oh and the card works fine too.