Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 12-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Richard76
Intellectual

Well, we started out trying to keep things simple this year. Only because we had already made a couple of fairly big purchases since the summer; a new leather couch and 2 leather chairs for the family room, a new leather home theatre couch for my "man cave" and a new component cabinet for my many electronic components. Then we decided to replace our stove with a new "flat-top" model. About 2 weeks later, our washing machine decided to retire so we also had to buy a new washer and dryer.

So at this point I said to everyone, let's just keep it simple....no big gifts this year and Dad doesn't need anything so save your money.

Then, about a week before Christmas, my wife's laptop decided it would rather be in 2 pieces instead of one, so that decision was made for us. About 2 days later, my son's phone started acting up and because he will be heading back to University after the holidays, we ended up getting him a new Samsung Focus. And then, to be fair, we ended up buying my daughter a Karaoke machine and a bunch of disks. And Dad? Well, Dad got about 3 Tim Horton's gift cards and a gift card from Princess Auto. So no 'lectronics for me.

Now I just have to hope that I can make it through 2011 without something else major breaking!

Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts

was surprised with some Apple Store gift cards so I did what any respectable person would do and spent them :-).... picked up MacBook Air 11 inch and Apple TV .... will write up how I enjoy both of them soon :-)

Old 01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Richard76
Intellectual

Jeff, I am interested in your thoughts on the Apple TV. I have been debating which hardware device to get to handle my Netflix subscription. I look forward to your review.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
TimeHunter
Pupil

My wife rarely follows my Christmas wish list very closely, but she always surprises me with something that I like just as much as anything that was on the list.

The one thing she did get me that was on the list, but only marginally tech related, was the Adidas TRON pullover hoodie that I wanted.

As for real tech, I bought myself an Achos 70 Internet Tablet (250GB model). I have been very happy with it so far. Though I am an IT professional, I haven't wandered too far off the ranch in fiddling with it just yet. That will come in time but I'll enjoy it as designed for now.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I actually have an all out ban on people purchasing electronics for me. The line is that even if I've talked about it, the fact that I haven't bought it means I haven't made my final decision.

My wife knows that I love electronics but she gets me other stuff that I like. This year she got me the complete Deep Space Nine series, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and the Volume 1 of The Walking Dead graphic novel series.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii