Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 06-24-2004, 11:12 AM
phs
Intellectual
Default Power drain

Does anyone known how much power drain occurs when using a bluetooth keyboard, as compared to the serial-connection keyboard? The BT keyboard itself does not draw power unlike the serial keyboard, but having he BT on may consume even more power.

Thinking of getting a BT keybooard for my 2210 instead of a serial keyboard.

PHS

Old 07-02-2004, 05:25 PM
hamishmacdonald
Thinker

My Stowaway XT broke recently, and I use it so frequently that I couldn't wait the month or two until the Bluetooth keyboard comes out. I was tempted, until four things occurred to me:

1) The devices are sitting right next to each other anyway, so I don't really get the big advantange (assuming I can make my iPAQ last the way I'm trying to, and not replace it for something with a different connector soon).
2) I'd have to tell the iPAQ to see the keyboard every time I used it, which is annoying, compared to just dropping it onto a peg.
3) Battery life would drop considerably.
4) I wouldn't be allowed to use it on planes, or shouldn't be according to the current take on radio devices, though the air-staff would probably be oblivious.

What really clinched it for me, though, is that ThinkOutside were having a half-off sale, making the XT $39, versus the $140 for the Bluetooth model.

Old 07-02-2004, 05:59 PM
T-Will
Sage

I've got a couple questions for you guys:

1. Would you be interested in a Pocket PC Bluetooth driver that allows you to use the Microsoft BT Keyboard and Mouse with a Pocket PC?

2. How much would you pay for something like this?

Old 07-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Hemi
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsouth
...and the fact that the PDA support is simple enough that the pda could be set in portrait or landscape mode makes this look like a nice solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Beesley
...I am interested that the stand looks like it will also support the PPC in Landscape mode - something that when combined with VGA resolution would make for an excellent wordprocessing platform.

Hopefully, the PDA's back-support pivots backwards for a more comfortable viewing angle of the screen.

Also, a minor concern: Oriented in landscape mode, the PDA's screen corners would be partially masked by the depth of the keyboard -- potentially obscuring Excel cells. Mind you, propping it up with a small stack of pennies may do the trick

Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
1q2w3e4r
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed hansberry View Post
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/..._id=\'o62g950\'

the fcc has posted a number of documents on the new hp bluetooth keyboard, including a 20 page user manual.

i just got these links so really haven't had time to read up on it and see if it will work with non-ipaq devices, older pocket pc 2002 ipaqs with bluetooth or anything else. Dig in though. There is plenty to read. You'll need adobe reader for most of the documents.<!>

keyboard closed

keyboard open, top view. - the pda rest is not extended in this image.

i have the same keyboard but i lost its driver & it's asking for a pin number every time i connect it through bluetooth
can any one help??
The link you mentioned is dead...