Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Inventor
Ponderer

Thanks for all of the work you have done over the years. Its like hearing your local coffee shop owner is selling, still in shock over here.

PS: I have never owned a HTC unit before (mostly HP/Samsung stuff) but because this post my next device will be a HTC, make sure they know that when you start (you already sold one). In respect for THE MAN!!

Also since HTC is the only OEM still selling WM 6.5 units...

Best of luck, it only gets better!

Inventor/Fellow Canuck

Old 09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
shanks
Neophyte
Default Congratulations

Congratulations Jason! You will be missed, I wish you all the best in your future. Have been following you since the Palm PC/Windows CE user groups days to chasing the Compaq iPaq etc . How far we have gotten in the mobile platform since those days!

--shankar

Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Robert Levy
Philosopher
Default Congrats - and thanks!

Jason, I'm really excited for you taking such a big step.

I want to thank you for everything you've done for the community and for me personally. Many many years ago I was a kid who religiously followed PPCT. At my first MVP Summit 10 years ago, I was awestruck with meeting you - my first encounter with an "online celebrity" At the end of that week, I was really blown away when you pulled me aside and asked if I wanted to to take on a Managing Editor roll and work with you to launch Smartphone Thoughts.

I was just a kid with no relevant experience at the time but you showed confidence in me and entrusted me with responsibility to lead the team and build relationships with readers & partners. That's a small blip in the history of the Thoughts empire but it made a huge difference in my career: You set a great example for me and gave me the opportunity to learn early in life that with just smarts+passion, I too could build lasting relationships and make awesome things happen in a variety of fields.

I'm grateful for all the great content you've published over the years, but more importantly I'm thankful for being able to count you as a mentor and a friend.

-R

Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Paragon
Magi

Wow congratulations!!!

This is a great move for you. I don't think HTC could find a better person for the job. You have put countless hours into, not just this site, but the whole mobile community, from user groups to the MVP Program, and onto Mobius. Not to mention putting up with unruly types like me on your site. You should be proud. This is a great position for you.....damn....I'm jealous!

Best of luck!
Dave Evans

Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Hans Nieuwenhuis
Neophyte
Default Thanks and good luck!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for all the time you've invested in your websites, helping us to become more knowledgeable regarding mobile devices. I was reading your Pocket PC site already before I bought my iPaq 3970. Now I'm using an HTC HD7 (and looking forward to the Titan

Good luck with all those big changes in your life and that of your family!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 PM
NSILMike
Pupil

Congratulations, and best of luck to you, Jason. Sounds like a tremendous opportunity.
Regards,
NSILMike
(Zune MVP)

Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Espiox
Pupil

Thanks for all the great posts over the years Jason, particularly your Zune coverage.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 AM
hummingbirdhill
Ponderer

You go, Jason!

Thank you kindly for alllllll your forums' info, opinions, and advice from which I've constantly benefited since I purchased my initial iPAQ---the 5455.

May God richly bless you and your family in your new community.

P.S. I'm so very happy to now understand why the ThoughtsMedia forums have been a bit slow the last few months; I've been completely puzzled.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 AM
BobWitt
Ponderer

Jason - best wishes to you and yours...

From a reader from all the way back to the Velo 1...

Bob Wittmann

Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 AM
John Cody
Theorist

Congrats Jason - hopefully we might bump into each other again at one of the CES shows.

Good luck with your new position.

Last edited by John Cody; 09-27-2011 at 04:44 AM..