Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default It's been fun!

I think I started reading PocketPCThoughts back around 2000 or 2001. I didn't create an account but this was a site I hit on a regular if not daily basis. I liked the news that was posted and the discussions in the forums. I think I finally created an account when the membership program was started up. I wanted to be involved and do something to help the site grow. I got a nifty LED key-chain flashlight and lots of PocketPC related discounts. It was before I was married or had kids so I took advantage of those discounts and bought a ton of great PocketPC software!

I'm thankful I had the opportunity to give back a little as a contributing editor to AndroidThoughts. Thank you for that opportunity Jon. You were always great to work with!

Jason, thanks for all your work over the years. As I said, I was benefiting from Thoughts Media long before I created an account. To me, Thoughts Media represented quality, community, and good information. God Bless you in the rest of your endeavors. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new job at HTC and the move to the US went well. I think you shut down Thoughts Media with a lot of class even though it wasn't in the way you would have liked and that says a lot

Craig

Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Paragon
Magi

A lot of water has passed under this bridge. Over the years I have posted on, read, and been involved with many sites... Jason, I can honestly say the one thing about this site that has always impressed me is its integrity. It was a very large and active community in its day. It was a force in the Microsoft mobility community. There have been a lot of very helpful members and contributors here. You should be proud........THANK YOU ALL!!

Dave

Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Thanks for the fun ride, Jason and everyone. I remember back in the Pocket PC vs Palm days when this and PDA Buzz were the two sites I read religiously. It was a fun privilege to be able to contribute years later to Zune Thoughts (Poor Zune...such amazing, unloved hardware).

It was a blast...it will be missed.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 PM
bcre8v2
Intellectual
Default Thank you to Jason and everyone!

We have all grown up and learned from each other. What a great experience from the PPC days through today.
All the best to everyone!

-Steve

Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
freitasm
Oracle

Thanks for all the fish!

Old 10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Jorj Bauer
Server Shogun

Jason, it's been an honor to help keep this thing running for all this time. Congrats on where life's taken you, and best of luck with everything in the future!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:04 AM
bmurphy
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to bmurphy
Wink Thanks for all the great education!

I'm so sorry to see you go! I learned my way around my first ppc with the help of pocketpcthoughts back in 2001 and now android thoughts once I'd migrated to tablets. I always got help and answers to my problems and this was my first place to go for reviews and problem solving.
I think your sites will be sorely missed! I know that I will miss having my favorite site available to me.

HTC are lucky to have you! Best wishes for you and family in your new job.
Thanks for all the wonderful support your sites provided.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus

I believe I was the first post when this site (DHT, then DMT) went live, figured I'd see if I can be the last.

Last edited by Chris Gohlke; 10-21-2012 at 09:11 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 AM
dh
Mystic

Wow, Jason - it has been ages since I was here.

I learned so much from the original Pocket PC Thoughts - one of the best sites ever.

Sorry to hear that the sites are not continuing, but with other ways of sharing information, the format is not as attractive as it once was.

Good that you are doing well with HTC, although I see that as a company that has some tough decisions to make as to the way forward.

Remember when the original iPhone was released? We laughed at the lack of features - WTF, it couldn't copy and paste anything and couldn't run any apps! Amazing what a company with some vision could do over the last few years compared with MS doing the same old thing. Windows 8 looks interesting though!

Take care, Mate - hope to see you around in some of the online locations.

Thanks for some good times!

PS - great to see some of the old names in this thread!

Last edited by dh; 10-24-2012 at 02:35 AM..

Old 10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
psyjohn
Ponderer

Thank you Jason and all the other editors and contributors. I started reading this site daily back when I got my HP Jornada. I learned a lot from the news and forums here, and it started me on my journey as a tech junkie. I miss the lively forum discussions on here but, things change in the tech world. Great job to all who had a hand in running this site.