Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 AM
gabe.t
Neophyte

My speakers suck.

Please give me these sweet Audioengine A5's.

Thank you in advance.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:58 AM
GreatDay
Pupil

Man, are you like Psychic? I've been using some Dell 5.1 surrounds (4w/woofer) since they first offered them. They've been fine for a desktop, but they have suddenly shown signs of age, meaning, many times they don't make a peep when I need them. You would be The Man if you randomly picked me. And me, well I'd be an Old Rocker once again. Thanx for the op

Old 10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
phreaker18
Intellectual

Heard really good things about these speakers .. wonder if these smallies can make such good sound ...

Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
tregnier
Theorist
Smile Good sound!

We recently bought a townhouse in Arizona for a retirement home (prices are great right now). The downside is that we have to furnish it, with not only furniture but also the whole kitchen, electronics, storage, etc. So we have lots of decisions to make and money to spend!

In buying a new HDTV, I don't want to get into buying a receiver plus 5.1 theater system. I want good sound from a 2-speaker system or, at most, a 2.1 system sans receiver. The A5+ speakers are made-to-order for our needs -- compact, minimal connections, and highly regarded sound quality!

Thanks!

Peace,

Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
broodwich
Neophyte

I would love, love, love to have these speakers for my home office. I've heard lots of great things about these speakers and as a DJ they would be a huge upgrade for me. I spend a lot of time at my desk, especially on Sundays, listening to new music. Most of my listening is through headphones but sometimes you want to take the headphones off and listen through a good pair of speakers. Right now my office speakers are a 2.1 setup that I think I paid $50 for 8-9 years ago. I'm almost ashamed to admit I have them. They work but I almost never use them because their sound quality is so poor.

My home setup continually get's passed over when there's a little extra money for upgrades. I've had a couple pieces of equipment wear out recently so my surplus funds had had to pay for those upgrades.

I really like the "studio monitor" look and design of the A5+. With an honest 50 Watt RMS Class AB amp, they should really pump out some quality and volume.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 PM
jm
Neophyte

I currently have a set of Logitech Z3s. They aren't bad, but I hear a lot of good things about the AudioEngines and it would cool to upgrade and send the Z3's with my kid when she goes to college.

J.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Bob Christensen
Ponderer

My current speakers are some very old Altec Lansings... but they do a good job.
If I were to score these beauties, they'd be for my new Sandy Bridge build that is in progress!

Old 10-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Mike_Alt
Neophyte
Default Pick me!

Current setup: Logitech Squeezebox Radio. It's cool and all because it plays Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, and random radio streaming (e.g., KCRW). But the sound quality is lousy out of the mono speaker.

Future setup (fingers crossed): upgrade to the Audioengine A5+ speakers and pair them with an old iPhone with all the above apps installed. Huge upgrade. Oh, and I'd construct a sweet dock to tie it all together!

Old 10-23-2011, 05:50 AM
mmidgley
Intellectual

i have dell junk speakers. that should be enough said.

m.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:02 AM
gregwlsn
Neophyte
Default sweet quality sounds

These are gonna replace my Klipsch 2.1 set that I've had for years, which replaced my Microsoft DSS-80's. Click Like if you remember those, optimized for Windows 98.