Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Sponsored Articles

Old 11-03-2004, 04:42 AM
tourdewolf
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to tourdewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp
That's for the "resume" feature answer; what about FF?
Betaplayer has a ff with the stylus or on my 4355 I can use the joypad to ff or rr to next chapter as well as up or down for volume and pressing for pause /resume. You can customize the buttons to your liking. Also the video can be "scrolled" by dragging the indicator across the timeline. Betaplayer will aslo resume if it is paused before the ipaq is shut off. Highly recommend it.

Old 11-03-2004, 04:49 AM
serpico
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp
If your eyes stay on the road, how can you watch your ipaq?! 8O
My dash is not set too low, so it's in my sight with the road. Hard to explain, but I was surprised at how it works so well. I thought of building some type of holder to place on top of the dash, so it sits higher. When you're driving so slow, it really doesn't get in the way just helps the commute time pass by better.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:29 AM
serpa4
Neophyte

Big point here:
Pocket Divx encoder also does batches. Shuts down the computer when doneSet to do 5 movies, hit the rack and wake up to great intertainment for your trip.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
wocket
Thinker

I would never of believed it about five years ago when got my first winCE device it had 16mb and another 16mb of CF storage. Now i've got around 6GB of storage and if I use USB hosting even more storage and with VGA to boot what more could I ask for. Now with Pocket Divx Encoder and the excellent Betaplayer Oh how times have changed.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:03 PM
tourdewolf
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to tourdewolf

I am trying to decide on a new vga PPC, how does the video look compared to qvga?

Old 11-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Lday
Ponderer

Betaplayer resumes- just pause the movie & close the player. When you open the application, it picks up right where you left off. Picard (the author) also has an "unstable" version (which is anything but unstable) that will play wmv, asf, and mpeg via plug-ins. I put it on a friend's E805 running WM2003SE, he was jazzed that wmv files play full screen instead of quarter-screen as they did in Media Player.

Betaplayer rocks!

Old 11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Animaster
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to Animaster

Hereīs another nice Solution:

www.autogk.net - The Software is Freeware and originally made for DVD2Divx Conversion on the PC. Itīs mainly a frontend for some Freeware Tools.

But since you can define the width in Pixel for the final DivX or XVid Movie you can make DivX-Movies from your DVDs no matter if you have a VGA Device or a QVGA Display.

And the Software has a good Automatic-Mode for Resolution and Audio Quality. You just have to define the Target-FileSize and the Software will automatically find the Resolution with the best Picture Quality etc.

Especially for me in Germany very interesting: You can define 2 Audio Streams for the Final Video (so you can switch between German / Englisch Language or between Englisch and Directors Commentary anytime you want)!! These 2 Audio Streams work perfect with Betaplayer on my LOOX 720. And the Software can integrate "Forced Subtitles" in the Final movie (e.g. if some Alien-Language etc. that is only used sometimes in the Movie)

All you need is a ripped DVD (www.dvddecrypter.com) and about 30 Seconds for the Conversion-Setup. You can even automate the conversion of sveral DVDs and the Software will even Shut down the PC automatically after the Conversion is finished.

Old 11-03-2004, 04:05 PM
backpackerx
Theorist

Here's another vote for PocketDivX encoder and Beta Player. Both work phenomonally for PPC 2002 and WM2003 and are FREE.

As far as the paid article goes I think it's fine as long as it doesn't mislead by declaring a comercial app superior to a freeware app (this would be fine to do by someone not selling the apps).

I look at it like a paid advertising that goes a step further by highlighting and mini-reviewing the apps strengths. I see it as only helping me make an informed decision as long as the results aren't fabricated and it is clear that it is an ad.

Old 11-03-2004, 04:16 PM
bookemdano
Pupil
Default Storage

Just wondering what people are using for storage of these movies. Is there anything better than the 4GB Hitatchi or 5GB Seagate? I would really love to just buy a portable 80GB harddrive and use that. Maybe linked with bluetooth or 802.11?

Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
backpackerx
Theorist

I use a 512Mb Compact Flash card and i can get 6 good quality (500kbs) bitrate, 30min Simpson's episodes on the card no problem. This is also fine for toting around 1 or 2 full length movies.

As far as CF or Microdrive, I'd just look at the max you want to spend and then see which of the current deals on Microdrive or CF give you the best cost per Mb. I know there are some great prices now on 1 and 2 Gb Compact Flash cards out there.