Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default Re: PWI Embedded Sound Extractor not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshillis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys
Try to free up as much RAM as possible. Do you run any memory-hog Today plug-in (for example, Spb Pocket Plus?) Try to disable them all in Settings/Today/Items and repeat the conversion after a reboot.
Perfect. Great suggestion! That did the trick. I didn't have any memory-hog plug-ins running, and I had used Memory Manager to stop all running programs and it still did it. But when I took your suggestion and shut off all of the Today stuff I could, the conversion worked. Blessings!!!
Glad to hear it worked

Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Nickund
Neophyte
Default Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you for such user-friendly advice. I am still negotiating the techno-minefield that are pocket pc's, but this site has been great.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Menneisyys
Default Re: Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickund
Just wanted to say thank you for such user-friendly advice. I am still negotiating the techno-minefield that are pocket pc's, but this site has been great.
Thanks, and welcome to PPCT

Old 01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
bengraves
Neophyte

I cannot get either version (PC or Windows Mobile) to work. When I run the extractor off of my desktop (XP Pro) I click on the "Extract!" button, a dialog box comes up to select the file, I select the file and nothing seems to happen. I can't find the extracted file anywhere.

So I tried to download the Windows Mobile file and when I extract the ARMV4.CAB file Winzip tells me the file is corrupt. Please help!!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
vag
Neophyte

I cannot get either version (PC or Windows Mobile) to work. When I run the extractor off of my desktop (XP Pro) I click on the "Extract!" button, a dialog box comes up to select the file, I select the file and nothing seems to happen. I can't find the extracted file anywhere.

So I tried to download the Windows Mobile file. When I extract the ARMV4.CAB (WM6 for HTC 3600) file during the setup tells me:" .. the file requires the installation of netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab. Install the cab file before ru n the application"
Please help!!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Menneisyys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengraves

So I tried to download the Windows Mobile file and when I extract the ARMV4.CAB file Winzip tells me the file is corrupt. Please help!!
Just tap the CAB file on your WM device, NOT extract its contents.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Menneisyys

Quote:
Originally Posted by vag
So I tried to download the Windows Mobile file. When I extract the ARMV4.CAB (WM6 for HTC 3600) file during the setup tells me:" .. the file requires the installation of netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab. Install the cab file before ru n the application"
Please help!!
Install http://www.winmobiletech.com/sekalai...wce4.ARMV4.rar

Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 AM
vag
Neophyte

Thanks for you help. You gave me the best tool ever

Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 AM
flipflop67
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys
Quote:
Originally Posted by vag
Please help!!
Install http://www.winmobiletech.com/sekalai...wce4.ARMV4.rar
I was hoping you could answer a more general question regarding netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab. Usually, isn't this generally part of the ROM of whatever device you purchased - or is this a 1.1 specific part that no longer gets distributed with the new models using WM5/6.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 PM
LarryBrown
Neophyte
Default Awesome!

To: Menneisyys. Thanks for this awesome program. It worked great for me, reading the pwi files from my Windows Mobile 5 device and saving the WAV.
Really great work.

I don't know why I was so stupid as to buy this brain dead Microsoft based mobile phone. Mine is T-Mobile MDA. I need something with a hardware keyboard and the ability to type notes of unlimited length because I am a writer and I am always typing stuff. I saw a guy with this phone so I bought it. I didn't even know it was Microsoft. If I had known I would have looked elsewhere. I have been very dissatisfied. On Vista, the Windows Mobile Sync software is a destructive joke. It's destroyed my data twice. To sync your contacts, you have to use Outlook, yet another example of Microsoft's malicious technique of locking you in to their stuff, at $$$ expense. Using Outlook to sync contacts with a telephone is like using a bazooka instead of a flyswatter. Also, the .pwi files are useless on the main computer, unless some genius like you helps us out.

Thanks again!