Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-28-2006, 08:04 PM
lyfoster99
Neophyte
Default How do I get around the security warning

When I attempt to convert a file, I get a security error. It says to grant this application the required permission to use the Microsoft.NET security policy administration tool.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:12 PM
dshillis
Neophyte
Default PWI Embedded Sound Extractor not working

I've downloaded and am trying to run this program on my Treo 700w, and having a hard time getting it to work! Have tried figuring out a workaround, but can't seem to find it.

I push convert, and select the PWI file. It then says...
"An unexpected error has occurred in PWISoundExtractor.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information." Details say:

PWISoundExtractor.exe
OutOfMemoryException

Application::Run+0xf
Form1::Main+Oxa

I have tried pointing to the file on my main memory and on the memory card, but keep getting this error. What can I do?

I assume I've installed the right CAB file...the names weren't very self-explanatory, but I installed PWI_Embedded_Sound_Extractor_ARMV4.CAB. Is that correct?

Thanks to anyone who can help!...

Old 09-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default Re: PWI Embedded Sound Extractor not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshillis
Treo 700w ... OutOfMemoryException
Well, I don't think this can be helped - you're trying to convert too big PWI files, which just can't be read into the (very meager) RAM of the 700w. (The disadvantages of a 32M RAM device...)

That is, run the converter on the desktop - there, you won't encounter memory shortage problems.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:33 PM
dshillis
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys
That is, run the converter on the desktop - there, you won't encounter memory shortage problems.
Are one of these 4 files runnable on a Mac? That is what I use. I've been having a hard time getting the file to transfer from the Treo 700w onto the desktop, it keeps telling me that the file is unable to be copied...

I'm surprised it's too big, the file is only 4 MB. So the error is a RAM error, not a storage space issue?

Thanks!
dshillis

Old 09-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Menneisyys

Quote:
Quote:
Are one of these 4 files runnable on a Mac? That is what I use. I've been having a hard time getting the file to transfer from the Treo 700w onto the desktop, it keeps telling me that the file is unable to be copied...

I'm surprised it's too big, the file is only 4 MB. So the error is a RAM error, not a storage space issue?

Thanks!
dshillis
How much RAM / storage do you have?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 PM
dshillis
Neophyte

Quote:
How much RAM / storage do you have?
The About under settings says I have 25.48MB memory. It also says on that screen that the expansion slot is "In use", so it recognizes it properly.

I don't see any way to tell how much disk space I have...when I mount the Treo onto my Mac Desktop I see sometimes it tells me I have 3.3MB space free, sometimes 104.6MB space free. I'm assuming the 3.3MB is on the Treo and the 104.6 is combined with the memory card, but I can't tell for sure.

Is there a way to make this program run solely from the memory card? I.e., in pointing it to the file on the memory card it would create the file on the memory card too? Because if there is only 3.3MB really on the main treo available, then that may be why it tells me there is no memory when it tries to convert.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Menneisyys

Yes, 3.3M is far too low. Just make sure you install the app on the storage card and also copy the PWI's to be converted there. Then, it'll write to the storage card directly and you won't run out of storage space.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:50 PM
dshillis
Neophyte

Quote:
Yes, 3.3M is far too low. Just make sure you install the app on the storage card and also copy the PWI's to be converted there. Then, it'll write to the storage card directly and you won't run out of storage space.
Menneisyys, it wasn't the disk space. The Mac program I'm using to try to get this information while connected via USB or Bluetooth just isn't accurate. I found a place on the Treo where I could check the file space, and there is 23MB free on the Treo and another 46MB free on the storage card.

It must be the RAM. Same error over and over again on the 4MB PWI files! I uninstalled the PWI_Embedded_Sound_Extractor_ARMV4 program from the Treo, then installed this file again and installed it to the Storage Card. I moved a file to the storage card and tried it, and the exact same error.

I did try making a 2-second PWI voice recording and converting it and it did work, so I know the install is correct. I also tried a 1.79MB file, and it was successful. It's just not handling the 4MB files! I tried closing all programs running on the Treo to free up as much RAM as possible, but it still gives that error.

I'm not sure if there is anything else I am going to be able to try to make this work?

Old 09-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Menneisyys

Quote:
Quote:
Menneisyys, it wasn't the disk space. The Mac program I'm using to try to get this information while connected via USB or Bluetooth just isn't accurate. I found a place on the Treo where I could check the file space, and there is 23MB free on the Treo and another 46MB free on the storage card.

It must be the RAM. Same error over and over again on the 4MB PWI files! I uninstalled the PWI_Embedded_Sound_Extractor_ARMV4 program from the Treo, then installed this file again and installed it to the Storage Card. I moved a file to the storage card and tried it, and the exact same error.

I did try making a 2-second PWI voice recording and converting it and it did work, so I know the install is correct. I also tried a 1.79MB file, and it was successful. It's just not handling the 4MB files! I tried closing all programs running on the Treo to free up as much RAM as possible, but it still gives that error.

I'm not sure if there is anything else I am going to be able to try to make this work?
Try to free up as much RAM as possible. Do you run any memory-hog Today plug-in (for example, Spb Pocket Plus?) Try to disable them all in Settings/Today/Items and repeat the conversion after a reboot.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:49 AM
dshillis
Neophyte

Quote:
Try to free up as much RAM as possible. Do you run any memory-hog Today plug-in (for example, Spb Pocket Plus?) Try to disable them all in Settings/Today/Items and repeat the conversion after a reboot.
Perfect. Great suggestion! That did the trick. I didn't have any memory-hog plug-ins running, and I had used Memory Manager to stop all running programs and it still did it. But when I took your suggestion and shut off all of the Today stuff I could, the conversion worked. Blessings!!!