Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts Site Updates

Old 06-13-2010, 06:33 AM
jazboy01
Pupil

Congrats on new sites Jason. I am very happy to see that thoughtsmedia is growing. Thoughtsmedia sites are my one of primary source to keep updated with latest tech news.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrnt1 View Post
On an even more serious note (seriously) -- You need to add Laptop Thoughts to the thoughtsmedia.com site. Have you thought about expanding the News from the Network section there? It could become an Engadget type site, aggregating all your various sites under one roof, for those that want to read everything about technology.
It's now live.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
On a more serious note -- Have you considered expanding the Thoughts family into more mundane things? Technology is everywhere nowadays. How about Kitchen Appliance Thoughts or Cordless Yard Tools Thoughts?
You laugh , but I do have some non-technology domains...with my franchise model, all I really need is a domain name and a super passionate person to operate the site - and people are passionate about many things outside the technology realm, so you never know what types of sites I'll be launching in the future.

Quote:
On an even more serious note (seriously) -- You need to add Laptop Thoughts to the thoughtsmedia.com site. Have you thought about expanding the News from the Network section there? It could become an Engadget type site, aggregating all your various sites under one roof, for those that want to read everything about technology.
It's now added - it was on our to-do list and took a little while to get to. Right now it's basically headlines that you click to be taken to the full site. If I were to try and aggregate everything together into one site, I'd have to put ads up on it to monetize the content. Right now I like that it's fast and simple - it's like a gateway to all of our sites.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazboy01 View Post
Congrats on new sites Jason. I am very happy to see that thoughtsmedia is growing. Thoughtsmedia sites are my one of primary source to keep updated with latest tech news.
Thanks, that's really affirming to hear - now if there were only about 200,000 more people like you.