Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
egads
Theorist

Just using a crappy old pair of cheap Altec Lansing's.
Might listen to a bit more music on my PC if I had these AudioEngines.

Thanks for the chance to win these babies!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
jazboy01
Pupil

Well i don't have great speakers solution for my laptop. I have a small unknown speakers which I got from my roommate. He gave it to me when he was going another state because of job transfer. I hardly use them and was planning to throw them . Anyway they donít work. Audioengine A5+ will be a lot better than my current sound system as I currently use only laptop in-built speakers.
Good luck everyone.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
John Lane
Ponderer
Default Speakers

I have the logitech 220s 2+1 system. I love the setup in that I don't have a bunch of speakers all over the place while still maintaining a good sound. But this would be a GREAT sound!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM
timmy
Intellectual

Wow, these would be a great step up from my current setup. I have a pair of cheap Philips computer speakers right now. Frankly they are terrible and I should get rid of them

They don't sound very well, and they are not shielded so whenever my mobile phone comes anywhere near my desk you can actually "hear" the phone communicating with the network.. So it would be a fantastic opportunity to send the old speakers on recycling

Old 10-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Joel Crane
Intellectual

These speakers would be a major improvement over my current setup, which is a set of Cyber Audio desktop speakers. For $30, they actually sound pretty awesome. I use another set of them on my entertainment center as well.

Not only would these speakers drastically improve my current setup, they would free up a pair of speakers for use elsewhere.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
KevinM10
Neophyte
Default Pick me!

Would love to win. Definately an audiophile but lacking funds

Current setup is a nice subwoofer 3 piece from Phillips but nothing like these...

Old 10-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Nick4kz
Neophyte
Default My audio solution

I currently use an old set of logitechs that I bought 6-7 years ago. I use them as a pair of computer speakers but also run them through my tv. The years have not been kind to them as my 5.1 stereo system has become more like 2 and a half speakers and a sub that works when it wants to. Saying the a5s would be an upgrade is a huge understatement. I feel like I don't know what quality sound is :-(

Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Heatwave316
Pupil

The speakers I have are the speakers that came with the computer I bought in 2000 - HP. There are just the standard tiny little black speakers that give you the min sound. I have replaced my computer since then, but just the guts...no monitor or speakers. I'd love to actually have a decent system. I listen to all of my music either in the car or via my iPod.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Noir
Neophyte
Default snap, crackle, and pop

I'm currently using an old pair of dell speakers for my pc setup. I have a large amount of music ripped in high quality but i dont get to enjoy it because my speakers snap, crackle, and pop like rice krispies.
The audioengines a5+ would be a huge upgrade in clarity and sound quality.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Contest Entry

I'm using a set of Labtec CS-800 speakers from 2001. How wouldn't these Audioengine speakers be better? They'd make Internet radio on my laptop sound MUCH better, for one thing. They'd also be able to make my Toshiba Thrive tablet sound better than the surprisingly anemic internal speakers.

Steve