Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 07-11-2010, 05:30 AM
cdmtx
Neophyte

wow awesome giveaway ! done & fingers crossed - cdmtx

Old 07-12-2010, 02:08 AM
stubaby
Neophyte
Default why i want the lenovo

First I would like to thank you for the chance to enter this contest and explain my reasons for wanting it.
I was working for a small company and always wanted to have my own company, but alas that has not happened yet. I then met this wonderful woman, Donna who turned out to be the love of my life, and we dated for awhile, and then as many, differed apart, only to rediscover one another sometime later. She has become my wife, partner and best of all my true friend. We have been blessed with a wonderful daughter the past 22 years. But, the story takes a nasty twist, not the fairy tale that we wanted from each other.
I moved up in the company that I worked for, and was asked to take over the Atlantic region of the company, we talked for many hours and decided to give it a shot and move from New England to the Maryland/Virginia are for me. We took our daughter with us and packed a truck, hopped in the cab and took off for our new adventure. Donna did this for me; she has done many things for me to advance my career. Dinners, socials, trade shows, meetings, and long hours of being alone in a strange area (she grew up in New England)…..all for me.
Then the worst happened, the dr’s appointment that was,” we need to talk to you both”. We went to see the doctor in Annapolis, and now it wasn’t about me, it was about her. All about her.
Donna has put her career on hold for me, trying to start her own professional photography business , working in day care and raising our daughter, to volunteering at various animal rescue groups were ever we have lived. She has spent countless hours organizing, trapping, soliciting and even fostering the sick and infirmed animals that no one wanted until they got better and ready for adoption. She has photographed families that could afford family portraits, or even school type pictures for free in our area. But now, it was time that she had to focus on herself. I had to leave my job to care for her as well as our daughter. I gave up a high paying job, our house, moved back to New England, family, friends to care for her throughout her illness, over the past five years she has endured countless procedures, operations, spinal taps, blood tests, MRI’s, cat scans, poked and prodded, multiple doctors. This past January after a last ditch effort to stop all this, we found a wonderful doctor that has sent her into a state of remission. No more treatments, no more pills no more….”what next” to having my friend, my partner and best of all my wife back.
As she starts to try and get back on track and start her life over. She has hopes of starting her own business as well as I do too. I have been working on acquiring a landscape construction business as Donna is trying to restart her photography business, all the while still volunteering to help animal rescue groups in our area, with all her organizing skills.
This computer will be used for both our businesses, mostly Donnas, to store, plan and work on her photography work, and to help develop the different animal rescue groups that she loves to participate in. The computer will benefit non - profit organizations that care for cats and dogs that will be taken in to no-kill shelters as well as no-kill foster care programs that Donna volunteers for. Most of the work has to be done at home. This is due to the fact that she still is unable to drive and spend too much time on her feet as of yet. We could use this computer since we have moved into a small town house and have little room with our daughter, German shepherd dog, 2 adoptive cats, 2 foster cats and 4 foster kittens.
If you chose us as the winners we would be using the computer for our personal/business as well as for no-kill /non-profit organizations in our local area. This computer will not only benefit our family, but many people as well as many animals in the future.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:08 AM
bwest11
Neophyte

does anyone else find it annoying/upsetting/etc that there is never any Zune news on Zunethoughts? i'm a highly loyal Zune guy and have owned three different zunes. i just wish there was actually something to get excited about more than twice a year.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I'm not sure why you're posting this comment in a Digital Home Thoughts contest thread , but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwest11 View Post
does anyone else find it annoying/upsetting/etc that there is never any Zune news on Zunethoughts? i'm a highly loyal Zune guy and have owned three different zunes. i just wish there was actually something to get excited about more than twice a year.
I agree completely. As you can imagine, it's kind of hard to run a Zune-focused site when there's so little to talk about day to day. Microsoft's effort in the Zune department have really slowed down, and there's no indication of a hardware launch this fall...which is the first time since 2006 that they haven't launched new/updated hardware in the fall. Their entire effort against the iPod was so half-assed...only releasing in the USA, etc. It's been SUPER frustrating to watch.