Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
inteller
Banned

I concur with the accessories issue. Even if MS has to make the accessories themselves. I would rather then just switch to a mini USB port and document the USB interface so we can dump the proprietary connectors.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:07 PM
yomero
Neophyte
Default Artist Art

Instead of "Album Art", just like the ipod touch, we need a zune supporting "Artist Art". I already have problems remembering all of the singers, and I don't want to have to learn every Album from my favorite singers. Besides, I don't buy full albums, I buy a song from this band, a song from that guy, etc. An "official" photo for every artist should be good. I would like to browse "Artist names" but also "Artist Arts" as well.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Ricardo Dawkins
Ponderer

Good post, jason dunn. Excellent points!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

I wish the Zune had support for widgets or sidebar gadgets. It wouldn't be useful to have a web browser on the device due to having no fast way to input URLs, but specialized gadgets like weather feed, rss feeds, clock, etc. These would all be incredibly useful in a situation where you were out and about and didn't have a computer near you.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:32 PM
rockbox1590
Neophyte
Send a message via Yahoo to rockbox1590

What about wireless synching with your Zune Social account? With so many places having free wi-fi, it would be a great way to keep your accoiunt up to date when you don't have your computer or laptop handy.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:15 AM
Macguy59
Mystic

To date the Zune team hasn't made a compelling enough device for me to make the switch. Especially when you factor in the 'Touch and app store.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:06 AM
onlydarksets
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Augusto View Post
I wish the Zune had support for widgets or sidebar gadgets. It wouldn't be useful to have a web browser on the device due to having no fast way to input URLs, but specialized gadgets like weather feed, rss feeds, clock, etc. These would all be incredibly useful in a situation where you were out and about and didn't have a computer near you.
That would be pretty cool. I played around with the Apple Remote application, which gives full browsing and control of iTunes. Something similar for the Zune (i.e., use your Zune to control playback on your computer) would be really compelling, IMO.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:07 PM
USArcher
Ponderer

To gain more acclaim and marketshare I think Zune needs the following:

Device Hardware:
- Flash device needs a larger display
- Better battery life across all models
- Up display resolution on higher end/large screen models
- Wireless headphone capability across all models

but I think this year should be all about zune software/marketplace/firmware enhancements...

1. Additional content meta data that you can take with you on your devices: liner notes/backstory, lyrics, etc.
2. Ability to use Zune Software with Windows Mobile.
3. Remote Zune-to-Zune or Zune-to-PC Sharing. Right now, beaming shared content requires local proximity. I'd like to see Zune to connect directly to the Zune service and basically deliver the content to the intended person when they connect either via their PC or Zune.
4. Integration with Windows Home Server. I'd like to see a Zune WHS add-in that keeps track of Podcast subscriptions and downloads those automatically, support streaming Zune protected and can be selected to manage device syncing.
5. Integration with Media Center. I want to see Zune devices add some utility in a Media Center setup either as remote control for Media Center or a lite-version of Media Extender (when docked).
6. Audiobooks sold/sync'd via Zune MarketPlace/Software

Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

Support for Honda's USB audio system. Don't let iPod and flash drives be the only way to listen to your tunes, if you are on the Zune Pass you can't enjoy it the way the Apple customers can with just one cable.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

I would also like to add that I wish future devices would not be so sturdy and manufactured so wonderfully. no matter how many times i try to break my first generation Zune so my girlfriend will let me buy a generation 2 Zune, it just won't break! I've dropped it a million times and nothing. Still working like a champ.

Come on Microsoft! Get with the program. Everyone knows you have to put together subpar hardware so when the new models come out my old one breaks, ala iPod, and then I have to buy another. Supply and demand! We'll never be the top selling portable multimedia player if the Zune keeps tacking a licking and keeps on ticking. Geez!