Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaquette View Post
So what are they providing as a replacement? Refurb Blackjack?
Correct, you become the proud recipient of someones already broken phone that was fixed!

I never really liked that policy and it always annoyed me when they try to sell it off as there is nothing wrong with the phone and it is certified and working great... yet they still only give you a 90 day warranty on it! If those refurbs were really working as great as they claimed they are, then there is no reason to not extend them to a full one year warranty! It's all a scam I tell you!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Gavino1212
Ponderer

Is this recall for 'all' Blackjacks? 1 & 2? The 2 looks pretty nice.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus

The 2 is not part of this.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
hotdram
Theorist
Thumbs up BJ II for BJ

Back in about January, I called the XBM number and they sent me a "new" Blackjack. They stated the "new" phone would carry the remainder of the warranty of the original one. This meant that the warranty on the "new" one was good until the end of April 2008 for me (bought my original BJ end of April 2007). The "new" BJ seemed to work well for a while, but in the last month or so, I have not been able to receive calls in my house or access the internet with regularity (in the Dallas Metroplex area, not out in the sticks somewhere). I finally got fed up with it enough today to call the XBM number back and calmly explained to them the situation. When I read them the date code etc, she sighed and said that one was part of the original recall and never got "fixed", so it shouldn't have been sent to me to begin with. I then asked her if they would upgrade me to the BJ II and I even offered to pay a small upgrade fee. She said let me speak to my supervisor. When she came back, she said "We will send you a BJ II at no charge since we erred on the first replacement and we understand how frustrating this can be"
I couldn't be happier with AT&T right now.

Your results may vary,
~Rob

Last edited by hotdram; 03-19-2008 at 12:59 AM..

Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdram View Post
"We will send you a BJ II at no charge since we erred on the first replacement and we understand how frustrating this can be"
I couldn't be happier with AT&T right now.

Your results may vary,
~Rob
Awesome Rob! Great news. Hopefully its a brand spanking new handset and not a refurbished one.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:53 AM
hotdram
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Augusto View Post
Awesome Rob! Great news. Hopefully its a brand spanking new handset and not a refurbished one.
It appears to be brand spankin' new
Date code 08.02
Still getting used to it. Not a fan of the shiny case, but not a big deal. Doesn't have that solid feel in my hand that the original BJ had (can't describe it better than that). Of course, now I have to buy another sync cable for work and another car charger because Samsung brilliantly made the connector different between the BJ and BJ II.
Love the memory and speed (at least it seems faster, haven't researched the processor in it to see if it is different). But the trump card is the built in GPS I am a GPS junkie and can forgive a lot of sins if GPS is included (even if I did have to go find a cab file that connects the built in GPS to COM4 so that the user can use the GPS with any GPS application, not just Telenav).

~Rob