¹ Audiovox SMT 5600 Impressions and Feature Requests / Bug Reports - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
seven
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to seven Send a message via Yahoo to seven

Here are what I consider to be the problems that I've noticed with mine.

1. Backlight stays on indefinitely while syncing. I haven't noticed if it does this while charging with the wall plug since I haven't used it. But, it's annoying having the backlight on at night when I'm trying to sleep or something, not to mention I worry about how it will effect the life of the screen.

2. Headphones that come with it don't seem to work the way I would expect for handsfree dialing. I hit the button and it doesn't do anything. Won't start a call, won't end a call. Nothing. I have pull out the phone and hold vol. down to do voice dial and hit the end button on the phone to hang up.

3. BT headphones, same problem as with the wired.

4. Maybe this isn't even possible, but why can't I list to music over BT headset? I go to play a mp3 or video and expect the music to come out the headset, but it just comes out the speaker phone as usual.

5. I created a folder inside the "Start Menu" directory so that I could put shortcuts to media files on the storage card. I can put a shortcut to a file and it works fine. But, I wanted a shortcut to a directory on the storage card so I could just drop files in there. It works when I click the shortcut on my PC while it's hooked up, but when I select it on the phone it gives an error and says it can't find it. The only thing I can think of is that when I look at the properties in the File Exporer it shows the target as "\Storage Card\Music" and I would think since it's a directory it should be "\Storage Card\Music\" but I can't find any way to go about changing it.

Admittedly some of these problems may be due to my ignorance of how to set it properly or something, but I've read through the manual and can't find any help there, so feel free to enlighten me if you know how to fix any of them.

Thanks,
Seven