Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan
Default Dell Admits That Slim Is In

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/10/...book-announced/

"The company just announced the XPS 13, which weighs in at a shade less than three pounds (2.99, to be exact) and has a wedge profile that tapers from .71 inches to .24 (18 to 6mm). With a starting price of $1,000, it sports an aluminum lid and carbon fiber chassis -- a material we wish more Ultrabook makers would incorporate. Though it has a 13-inch screen, it's the kind of panel with bezels so narrow that Dell was able to build a chassis small enough for a 12-inch system."

It is hard to believe that the start of the ultra thin laptop rage started way back in 2008.  While there certainly excessively thin laptops before the Macbook Air, the Air caught the attention of the consumer market in droves.  It is four, yes, four years later, and Dell has put forward their latest competitor.  If you are into thin, but not an Apple fan, Engadget's quick overview may give you the information you need.  While I personally like the idea of laptops light enough that I can carry, I await the day that they carry more graphics punch.  What about you?