Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Printing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
bRIZZAd
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Wow, that turned out great! Amazing results. So that's a two-page layout of an image with a PNG gradient put on top, then text on top of that? I really like that effect. Thanks for coming back to share.
It is a two page layout, with the one Abu Simbel image stretched across 2/3 of the layout. I used their color gradient image mask to fade the left-hand side of the image, so it blends with the black background (set in their app). The text is layed over top using their application as well. Their color gradient image masks do have limitations when compared to doing the same thing in photoshop. There are only a couple choices for intensity (how strong the fade is or where it starts from on an image). Regardless, I used their color gradient image masks where possible to avoid potential print quality differences vs. screen.

I leveraged the .PNG Alpha Channel transparencies on images like this one. There is a transparency to allow their black background color to reach right up to the jagged edges on the image: