Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android Articles, Resources & Developer

Old 03-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor
Default Battery Leaking After Installing A Custom Rom? Here's How To Fix It.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...-android-device

"On several Android forums around the web, Android users have been regularly reporting rapidly draining batteries after flashing custom ROMs (such as Cyanogenmod 7) to their devices. In what follows, we will provide you with a step-by-step solution to said problem."

I've not run across this myself but I don't flash devices very often. If you have flashed your device or frequently flash your device and are having a few battery live woes perhaps this quick little fix will get you up and running again. You pretty much charge your device, reboot into recovery mode and use ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe the stored battery statistics file. Any of you flashers (rom flashers... geez, people) out there having serious battery drain issues?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 AM
crimsonsky
Thinker

On my Xperia X10, I flash ROMs weekly, sometimes daily. I use xRecovery and erase battery stats every time I flash. (As well as wiping SYSTEM, CACHE and DALVIK Cache). Battery life is just fine.