Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Philip Colmer
Thoughts Media Review Team

No, it is the embedded Intel graphics. The laptop is an E4310 with i7 processor and associated chippery.

Doing a web search revealed a thread on a TechNet forum suggesting that someone was also having the same issue with iTunes. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with application windows that are frameless, i.e. they don't have any of the normal window furniture around the edges?

It is strange that not everyone is seeing the problem, otherwise I'd be inclined to suggest it might be a Windows bug where it is reporting back the wrong size somehow for the window to grow to.

It could be that Zune/iTunes has got some logic built into to it regarding "guessing" things like the taskbar size, etc and that is why their windows aren't going full size but, again, why does it happen for everyone? At the very least, you would expect it to happen on 2 or more monitors. I would not necessarily expect the problem to appear on a single monitor system because you don't seem to be able to get a window to go OVER the taskbar now. All you can do really is get the taskbar to autohide and that still leaves a single pixel of taskbar visible at the bottom of the screen.

So ... in order to reproduce the problem, you need at least two monitors. Beyond that, I'm struggling to figure out what the common cause might be.

If you manually drag the Zune window to fill a screen, that is OK but you have the single pixel frame around the window. If you then maximise the window, the pixel frame disappears and you are left seeing the background again.

Very strange ...