Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I figured I'd weigh in here...for over a year I was using an HD2, and while I'd proudly proclaim that it's the best Windows Phone I'd ever used up until that point, it still had lots of problem. I had virtually no third party software installed, but the device would often become sluggish and non-responsive. It seemed to actually get a bit worse after the most recent ROM upgrade. Doing something simple like sending a text message felt slow and ponderous - and that on-screen keyboard....bleh. It sucked.

Now when I compare that experience with my LG Quantum, there's simply no contest. I can check email, send a text, or hop on the Web at least 3x faster than I could with my HD2. Sure, I give up a lot of power-user features...no tethering for me, no file system, etc. But I also get great Zune synching for my media files, which is important to me. Windows Phone 7 isn't a magically perfect platform for me, but I feel like, all in all, I gained more than I lost when I retired my HD2.
I think most of the slow down you experienced were related to Sense; I got rid of it and never got delays.

As for WP7 I have mixed feelings: I have used a HD 7 for three months now and all its shortcomings are more amd more affecting my daily experience: I noted that browsing internet is slower with the HD 7 and I use the same provider, T-Mobile, and I am in the same location; the issues with a "primitive" calendar, the need to use Zune software, of course lack of tasks and categories and many other small details have made me interested to see what the iPhone 5 will bring on the table, while waiting and see what kind of updates MS will bring and how fast.