Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple iPods

Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default Exercise, Just Don't Sweat

http://www.thewrap.com/blog-entry/s...ues-apple-15192

"Here's an attack on Apple not likely to have Steve Jobs in a flop sweat: In a class-action lawsuit filed Thursday, a Manhattan Beach, Calif., man claims that his iPod shuffle is defective because while working out, his perspiration traveled down the earphone cord, shutting it down."

He also states employees at the Apple Store where he purchased the iPod Shuffle told him it was "ok to exercise just don't sweat." Seems reasonable right? Can't wait to see what the judge says about this one. 

Old 03-18-2010, 08:17 PM
doogald
Oracle

I have a pair of the inline control earbuds that I use with my Nano when I run, almost every day. Including in the pouring rain. I have had no problems with them, at all. I think that this guy is incredibly unlucky or he does something to the buds that destroys them (yanks them out by the cord, etc.)

Old 03-20-2010, 04:50 AM
mwfielder
Ponderer

i have the same problem....my earbuds would turn up to max volume about halfway through each workout. Had to buy a Scoshee adapter to use the new shuffle.....

Old 03-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I'm not sure what this guy was expecting - I mean, most MP3 players aren't waterproof. This is one of the reasons it's best to use a cheap MP3 player at the gym, it's going to get beat up.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I'm not sure what this guy was expecting - I mean, most MP3 players aren't waterproof. This is one of the reasons it's best to use a cheap MP3 player at the gym, it's going to get beat up.
It's not the player he is complaining about, it's the cord. There is a multifunction control inline in Apple headphones, that can provide control and also has the mic for iPhone use. I can see how water/sweat could run down the cord and get into this little goober. I really would think they would be pretty well sealed though as they are intended to be outside. I wouldn't know as I don't use my Apple earbuds. Dont find them very comfortable.