¹ Vaja Cases: Protecting Your Zune With Style - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Accessories

Old 03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Vaja Cases: Protecting Your Zune With Style

A case can serve two different purposes. The first reason is almost always protection. The screen especially is always at risk of scratching. The other purpose is looks. Now I’m personally a huge fan of the design of the Zune. I have been since the original Zune 30s with their unique double shot and I love the classy lines of the current generation. It takes a special case to enhance the looks of the Zune and there is always one company that will provide such a case. If you’re not new to the world of electronic gadgets, Vaja’s name will come as no surprise.

Figure 1: Such an unassuming package!

Vaja has a case for all Zune series now available but I’ll just be showing pictures of the Zune 80 case. For the Zune 80 there is only one style available in both aniline and vitelino leathers. I chose a case in passion vitelino leather and no belt clip. The case is simple and functional, with cutouts for a synch cable and the front controls. Integrated into the rear of the case is a stand which easily folds out to allow easy video watching. Now on to the pictures!

Figure 2: The first thing you see when you open the box is the case.

Figure 3: You can see in the picture how beautiful the leather is.

Figure 4: Look at how well the stand folds away into the back.

Figure 5: The stand really puts your Zune at the perfect viewing angle.

Figure 6: Red leather and a black Zune...lookin' good!

This case is available from Vaja for the starting price of $70. This is definitely not an inexpensive purchase but there is nothing that rivals the quality of a Vaja case!

David Tucker is a contributing editor for Zune Thoughts and is a big fan of rock and all things technology. He lives in Tampa, FL where he works as a software developer.

Do you enjoy using new hardware, software and accessories, then sharing your experience with others? Then join us on the Thoughts Media Review Team! We're looking for individuals who find it fun to test new gear and give their honest opinions about the experience. It's a volunteer role with some great perks. Interested? Then click here for more information.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
SoundMix
Ponderer
Default Zune case

Beautiful case. IMHO...Worth half the money. Also needs an armband option.

Paul

Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 PM
inteller
Banned

the OEM leather case from microsoft is still the most stylish. you open it up and people are like "OMG that looks so sweet!"

Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 PM
shooter111
Neophyte

Does the Zune scratch easily? It's already a bit on the large size, I'd prefer not to get a case if I don't have to...

Old 03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

It doesn't but that didn't keep me from scratching the screen in my Zune 30. The case really adds very little bulk.