¹ Zune FM Transmitter Over 60% Off - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Accessories

Old 03-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune FM Transmitter Over 60% Off

http://astore.amazon.com/zunethough...tail/B000VWOKRG

Pretty self-explantory: the regular price is $69.99 USD, and at the moment Amazon.com has the Zune FM Transmitter on sale for $29.95 USD in our affiliate store. Now's a good time to get one!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 PM
LegendDJ
Pupil

Really a rip either way considering what your really paying for, talking about gold digging Microsoft...

Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Don't understand the previous comment.

Anyone know if this one is any good? I have a transmitter and its pretty mediocre.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
inteller
Banned

I can confirm that my v1 transmitter works amazingly well in a Ford Escape I rented a while back. It works fairly crappy in a Ford Focus though. I get the impression that the transmitter quality depends more on each car.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
ujnhunter
Neophyte

I bought this for my wife for $60 when it came out, and it worked flawlessly in her Honda CRV... $29.99 would be a steal for me... (I have an Aux input in my car however...) Note: This is not some cheap FM transmitter that doesn't work... it is a 1st party Microsoft adapter...

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendDJ View Post
Really a rip either way considering what your really paying for, talking about gold digging Microsoft...
Huh? Are you saying that $29 is too expensive for a radio transmitter? Most of then are around $50 from what I've seen...

Old 03-12-2009, 01:50 AM
inteller
Banned

my V1 car kit was $20 on the buy.com clearance. It is a lifesaver when you rent cars and want to bring your tunes.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inteller View Post
I get the impression that the transmitter quality depends more on each car.
I would second that comment. I have one of these and a couple of other brands. None are mind blowing and all are vehicle dependent.

This one is pretty nice as it provides some controls, specifically for the Zune on the little head unit. That piece is also magnetic, which would be real convinient if there was a metal dash left on any car built in the last 25 years. Does attch firmly to the end of te cigarette lighter part though, if that puts it in a convenient position in your car.

Had a funny incident one time, taking two cars across country. Was looking for a good station and wound up tuning in my wife's FM transmitter. She was ahead of me probably 100 yds in her car. Listened to this great station for several miles, and noticed there were no ads or anything. Called her on the cell and heard the same tunes in the background. This was a device i bought through Seidio, but it looked lke a Belkin model.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 AM
inteller
Banned

the other thing I like about the V1 transmitter is both the plug and the numbers on the readout clow a nice clean bright white. very stylish.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook

I've grown tired of recording CDs for car. Just bought from you link, thanks. Since the FM reception depends on the car I'll let you know how it works in Audi A6 (4.2)