¹ Free 30 Day Audible Trial for Zune Owners - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Media

Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Free 30 Day Audible Trial for Zune Owners

http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/te....0&fo=ZuneTrial

I have to admit that I really don't "get" audiobooks, but I know that to some people they're very important, so it's great to see the 3.0 release of the Zune supporting Audible audiobooks. If you haven't read about how audiobooks work with the Zune, check out this part of my Zune HQ article. Audible is offering a 30 day free trial, and you can get one free book (that presumably expires if you don't keep your account). Check out Audible for more information.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 AM
gjw
Pupil

Not sure about this specific offer but typically, Audible books do not expire when accounts are closed.
Similar to other DRM protected files, the files remain valid as long as the license can be validated so as long as Audible stays in business, the files should remain playable.

I can also confirm that books purchased under multiple Audible accounts can all be synced to the same Zune.
Very handy if one wanted to take advantage of more than one trial offer.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
cjaxx
Neophyte

free trial over already?
link goes to a "time out" page...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 PM
inteller
Banned

has anyone tried to get an Overdrive audiobook on the Zune? Since my library is Overdrive compatible, I think I'll start checking these out, but I needx to know how to get it on the Zune.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxx View Post
free trial over already? link goes to a "time out" page...
Hmm. I can't even get Audible.com to load right now. Strange...

EDIT: Audible.com now loads for me, and the Zune link works too...

Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inteller View Post
has anyone tried to get an Overdrive audiobook on the Zune? Since my library is Overdrive compatible, I think I'll start checking these out, but I needx to know how to get it on the Zune.
I was told that it works with Audible and Overdrive - and you're supposed to use the Overdrive software to put the books onto the Zune. So what happens when you connect your Zune when the Overdrive software is running?