¹ Do Most Indy-Trendy-Hipsters Use Macs? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
That got me thinking about something that we've touched on before here, but never really got down to discussing: given that the target demographic that Microsoft's marketing has been going after, which since launch has been the independent music types, is it a serious mis-step for the Zune not to have an OS X solution? It seems pretty pointless to market to Indy-Trendy-Hipster-types if you don't have a software solution fr the platform that they're using.
That's a tricky one. There aren't many Mac users out there who dislike what the iPod has to offer. So, for Microsoft, in working on a native OS X solution, they would have to ask themselves whether they could sway enough Mac users to justify the costs in development.

In the meantime, those serious about using a Zune will often fire up Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion and sync their Zune that way. It's messy, but it works.