¹ Zune 2.5 Spring Update: Finally, Some Serious Software Updates! - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
i don't have the option of creating an autoplaylist based upon subgenre which they used to have in v1 ZMP and WMP which is nice if you want to break up a genre (like rock) into different styles of rock.
I have to admit that I've never thought of music in terms of sub-genre, and as you pointed out if iTunes doesn't support it, most people are probably ok with listing by genre (although iTunes doesn't have folder monitoring either, which is just stupid, so maybe they're not the best judge of what's needed).

Myself, I have quite a few genres that would probably really be sub-genres ('80s Pop, '70s Pop, Christian Pop, Christian Hard Rock, etc.) but I don't mind having a long list of genres.

The new auto-playlist stuff is GREAT - I'm going to do a video once I play with it some more...