¹ What's Rockin' Your Day? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default What's Rockin' Your Day?

Well, Zune news has been kind of slow lately! I’ve looked through my emails and feeds and I have to be honest, there’s just not much that’s catching my eye. I think this is a good time to mention something that I had on my mind last week though. It’s really more of a question than anything else. In my real job, I’m actually a developer. The Zune is great for me because when I’m working, sometimes I just want to tune out everything around me and focus. The music is what gets me there. And let’s not forget that the Zune, above all else, is about the music. Which got me thinking: what do people listen to at certain times? Last week was a pretty rough week for me and when I need to really focus, I have a special playlist on my Zune that I listen to. For some reason, I can program really well when I have the various soundtracks from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex playing. Don’t ask me why. It’s just the way it is!

So what about all of you? Do you have any particular music you listen to?

Old 03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Zune Girl
Neophyte

^Response to^

Virtually anything from the Foo Fighters will allow me to concentrate better. However, some of their more surreal tracks, Everlong for example, is most often my elixir for stress.

-ZG

Old 03-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Zunerama
Pupil

Sorry about your hard week, David. I have a playlist that mostly has my two favorite local bands: Late Tuesday and Pale Pacific. It's great to play a set where you know all the words and appreciate every track.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunerama View Post
Sorry about your hard week, David.
Oh, nothing to be sorry about! We were just working hard. Which is how I like it

Some good taste in music so far!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
mrozema
Intellectual

My latest purchase was Ghosts I-IV from Nine Inch Nails. Its 36 tracks of instrumental goodness. A true feast for the ears.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Tim Williamson
Editor Emeritus

I crank up the techno when I want to get work done. Lately at work I've been streaming vocal trance, it sounds odd, but it can actually be relaxing to me.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:28 AM
asif2020
Pupil
Default Stress Killers

For me, it has to be the chill sounds from the famous compilation album series: Buddha Bar series. And if that's not "chill"-ed enough for me, then I listen to the soul soothing sounds of the beautiful Anoushka Shankar and piano maestro Ludovico Einaudi.

Cheers and take it easy!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:45 AM
LiFairy
Neophyte

I work really long hours so when its start to get late I put on Muse to get the blood flowing again. When im stressed out and I need to relax and have fun I put on Gnarls Barkley. Everything else is basically just a random flip thru albums for whateva catches my eye first.